Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Lucy Hale Celebrates One Year Sobriety

On Valentine's Day, actress Lucy Hale shared a photo on Instagram. However, it was not your traditional Valentine's Instagram post. Lucy shared a photo of the cake she had back in January celebrating one year of sobriety.

Lucy captioned the photo "Bear with me, this is an alternative Valentine’s Day post. This is a post about self-love and about the greatest thing I’ve ever done. On January 2, 2023 I celebrated one year of sobriety.

While this journey has mostly been private, I felt compelled tonight to let anyone who is struggling know that you are not alone and you are loved.

♥️♥️♥️".

Lucy Hale Sobriety Cake Purple, Yellow frosting sprinkles
Credit: Instagram


Lucy Hale has talked in the past about her decision to get sober. On The Diary of a CEO podcast, Lucy shared that she's been trying to get sober since she was 20 years old, but it took time. “I just held on to that belief that the real Lucy came out when she was drinking. It also quieted my mind…my brain just doesn't shut off and it's exhausting. I was a textbook binge drinker, blackout, wouldn't remember what I did or what I said, which is scary,” Lucy explained.

Lucy shared that she was fourteen years old when she first tried drinking. From the beginning, she knew that she wasn't someone who could just have a couple drinks. “I was willing to go to this crazy dark place every time. Of course I tried to be a moderate drinker, just having two. I have an allergy to alcohol. I cannot drink. I view it as an allergy. My brain doesn't work the same way as someone who can just have a glass of wine. It always wants more. It's craving that feeling.”

Congratulations to Lucy Hale for the one year sobriety and for letting people know that they are not alone in their own journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment