Monday, February 5, 2018

Lucy Hale Talks #MeToo After Sexual Assault Post

Pretty Little Liars actress Lucy Hale recently implied that she was sexually assaulted in now-deleted Instagram and Twitter posts. Lucy Hale still isn't revealing details, but she talked about the importance of the #MeToo movement. She also said that nobody feels "all shiny and rainbows all the time".

Lucy Hale black and white photo
Instagram


Lucy Hale applauded the powerful women who are speaking up about sexual assault, while vaguely referring to her now deleted Instagram post.

“To keep it somewhat vague… I think along with a lot of other people we’ve all had our experiences like that and until it’s happened to you, you kind of don’t really understand how it can affect you and everyone around you and I just feel very honored to be around a lot of powerful women that are speaking up about it and I think that’s where the change starts is when people start talking because you never know who’s listening or whose life you can impact,” Lucy Hale told Us Weekly.

Lucy Hale said it wasn't hard to reveal her own personal experience because "anytime I talk about something it comes from a real place of truth and comes straight from the heart.”

“I feel grateful to have people that I look up to that are speaking up about things. Not just women — I think men have sometimes suffered the same way that women have. And as long as a conversation is going or a conversation has started, which it has, that’s the best thing you could ever ask for because that makes people feel not alone. I think if powerful people can make a difference by speaking up, which they are, that will trickle down hopefully,” Lucy Hale told People at an event in West Hollywood.

“My whole thing is I never want to be someone who makes it all shiny and rainbows all the time, because it’s not. No one ever feels like that 24/7,” she said.

Lucy Hale is grateful for her fans, who have loyally stuck with her and supported her through good times and bad.

“They’re the most amazing through anything. There can be times when I feel like no one in the world gets something, and I can read something through one of the people who supports me and I’m like ‘Holy s—. I am not alone in any of this.’ They’ve stuck by me through the good and the bad. I’m so grateful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment