Saturday, September 9, 2017

'Pretty Little Liars' Actress Sasha Pieterse Joins 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 25

Pretty Little Liars actress Sasha Pieterse (Alison DiLaurentis) is joining season 25 of ABC's Dancing with the Stars! Find on why Sasha Pieterse wanted to be on DWTS, who her partner is and who her competitors are.


Being on Dancing with the Stars has been a long time coming for PLL actress Sasha Pieterse. She actually wanted to be on the show a few years ago, but there were scheduling conflicts.

"They asked me, like, I'd say three or four years ago and I wasn't able to do it. Scheduling was a nightmare and they said that they'd come back around. And they came back around, which was so awesome and this is the 25th season!" Since it is the 25 anniversary season, expect "extra sparkles. Extra everything".

Sasha Pieterse's Dancing with the Stars partner is pro Gleb Savchenko. Gleb has been on the Australian, Russian, U.S. and U.K. versions of DWTS. He graduated from the Russian Theatre Arts University with a Masters in choreography. Gleb Savchenko is also a model.


Although Sasha Pieterse doesn't have dance experience, she has dance in her blood. "I did ballet when I was three. I don't think that really counts. I got rhythm, I think that's in my blood, but no dance experience other than that."

Sasha Pieterse's parents were both professional dancers. Sasha's mom cried when she found out her daughter was going to be on Dancing with the Stars. Sasha is excited to be on the show, so she can prove to herself that she can do something completely different than acting.

"My parents were dancers. They were professional dancers. That's actually one of the reasons we immigrated to America. So I think that part of it, I'm really proud to be able to be a part of that and kind of what they started. And I know my mom cried when I told her. She's beyond excited, but I think just kind of proving to myself that I can do something totally different, something that I'm not used to. It's definitely not in my comfort zone".

Sasha Pieterse is nervous to dance in front of people. And it's going to be difficult to memorize the dance steps. "The fact that it's live, I am losing my mind, like, I'm good at memorizing lines but memorizing dances, it's gonna be a challenge. It's gonna be fun."

Despite the challenges, Sasha Pieterse knows her numerous Pretty Little Liars fans are ready to cheer her on. "They're gonna love it. They're gonna go crazy!" she said.

And Sasha already has an amazing idea for their team name: 'A Team'. "Actually, we've already named our team. Our team name is the 'A Team' because, hello!" Love that name for their DWTS team!

Sasha Pieterse was asked if she will dance to the Pretty Little Liars theme song "Secret". "I never thought about that! Possibly. That'd be fun, right? Yeah, that'd be really fun!" Sasha answered.

If Sasha Pieterse does dance to the PLL theme song, perhaps she should get some advice from PLL co-star Janel Parrish (Mona Vanderwaal). Janel Parrish and her DWTS partner Val Chmerkovskiy actually danced to the Pretty Little Liars theme song "Secret" when she competed on season 19 of Dancing with the Stars. Actor Brant Daugherty (Noel Kahn on PLL), Brendan Robinson (Lucas Gottesman on PLL) and PLL showrunner Marlene King attended that performance and rooted for Janel Parrish.

So what kind of music does Sasha want to dance to on the show? That's a tough question, since she loves a variety of music. (The multitalented Sasha Pieterse is also a country singer. She released a few singles, including "This Country Is Badass", "I Can't Fix You", "No", and "R.P.M.").

"I was an only child. I grew up around tons of music because my parents were dancers. I love Queen, I love ABBA, I love Eminem and Dr. Dre. I love so many different things". Hopefully, we'll get to see a little bit of all of that in her dances.


On Good Morning America, Sasha Pieterse was asked how Dancing with the Stars compares to working on Pretty Little Liars. "It's so fun to be doing something different. I miss everyone, obviously, but this is really a new chapter. Gleb is amazing and so are all of you. We have a lot of competition, but I'm going to be that funny person that says my competition is myself."


Even though Sasha Pieterse said her competition is herself, it'll be a fight to compete for that Mirrorball Trophy. Some of the other competitors have dance experience. Here's a complete list of the celebrities competing this season and the dance pros they are partnered with.

Dancing with the Stars Season 25 List of Competitors:

Sasha Pieterse (Pretty Little Liars actress and singer) partnered with pro Gleb Savchenko

Barbara Corcoran (investor/Shark on ABC's Shark Tank) with pro Keo Motsepe

Debbie Gibson (singer best known for her hits "Only in My Dreams" and "Foolish Beat") with pro Alan Bersten

Derek Fisher (former NBA player) with pro Sharna Burgess

Drew Scott (co-host of HGTV series Property Brothers) with pro Emma Slater

Frankie Muniz (star of Fox's sitcom Malcolm in the Middle) with pro Witney Carson

Jordan Fisher (singer and Hamilton actor) with pro Lindsay Arnold

Lindsey Stirling (violinist and Billboard Music Awards winner) with pro Mark Ballas

Nick Lachey (TV personality and singer from band 98 Degrees. Starred on MTV's reality show Newlyweds with then-wife Jessica Simpson. Husband of competitor Vanessa Lachey) with pro Peta Murgatroyd

Nikki Bella (professional wrestler) with pro Artem Chigvintsev

Terrell Owens (former NFL wide receiver) with pro Cheryl Burke

Vanessa Lachey (TV personality and wife of competitor Nick Lachey) with pro Maksim (Maks) Chmerkovskiy

Victoria Arlen (gold and silver winner paralympian swimmer) with pro Val Chmerkovskiy

Season 25 of Dancing with the Stars will premiere Monday, September 18 at 8 PM ET/PT on ABC. Tune in to cheer on Pretty Little Liars alum Sasha Pieterse!

No comments:

Post a Comment