Saturday, July 30, 2016

Troian Bellisario & Taylor Swift Feud? Troian Calls Out Taylor on her “False Feminism”

Is a feud about to start between Troian Bellisario and Taylor Swift? PLL actress Troian Bellisario (Spencer) recently made in clear that she’s not a fan of Taylor Swift. Her reason? Taylor Swift's "false feminism". For the record, Troian isn’t a Kim Kardashian fan either.

PLL actress Troian Bellisario not a Taylor Swift fan
Credit: Disney/ABC Television Group, Creative Commons

Troian was asked about the Taylor Swift and Kim Kardashian feud. Is Troian Bellisario Team Kim or Team Taylor? Apparently, she’s neither.

Troian Bellisario started off with her feelings toward Kim Kardashian. “Oh god, I have such an aversion to the Kardashians because I literally don't understand people's obsession with them and I don't want to accept them as our closest thing to a royal family, so I guess I would be Team Taylor Swift?” Troian Bellisario told Cosmopolitan.

Troian didn’t feel comfortable choosing Taylor Swift’s side, though. Troian isn’t a fan of Taylor Swift’s “false feminism”. “However, I'm so appalled by what I consider to be her false feminism. It seems like she's this person who's like, "Sisterhood!" and then she does nothing but tear down the women that were once her friends.”

Troian Bellisario chose to support neither of them. “So is it possible to just be, like … this is a two-party system that I don't want to be a part of? Can I just say that? Can I say that I would choose the Green Party in this?” Troian asked.

Despite the quotes in the interview, Troian Bellisario doesn’t consider this a feud between herself and Taylor Swift. Troian Bellisario later addressed the issue on Twitter and emphasized the fact that she doesn’t have an opinion on Taylor Swift. She said that she’s never even met Taylor Swift before. “@etalkCTV please leave me out of noise like this. I basically said I would like to have no opinion on the topic. I've never even met her” Troian tweeted.

One person on Twitter challenged that tweet, saying that Troian clearly did have an opinion about Taylor Swift because Troian talked about Taylor “tearing down the women that once were her friends”.

Troian responded to that by tweeting “she did, according to the media, I asked to not be involved in choosing sides because, right, I still dont care.”

Although Troian Bellisario talked about Taylor Swift’s “false feminism” in the interview, not all her PLL co-stars feel the same way. Lucy Hale was excited to meet Taylor Swift at the VMAs, where they both professed their love for each other. Lucy Hale also tweeted praise for Taylor Swift’s album 1989, tweeting “I know I'm late to this but @taylorswift13 1989 is perfectly written, perfectly produced & obviously perfectly relatable. Just so...good.”


Do you agree with Troian Bellisario's comments about Taylor Swift's "false feminism"? Or are you a Taylor Swift fan like Lucy Hale? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment