Friday, April 8, 2016

Will There be a PLL Season 8 Without Lucy Hale?

As Pretty Little Liars season 7 inches closer, rumors have been circulating about the end of PLL. Will there be a season 8 of PLL? PLL showrunner Marlene King has left the door open for future seasons, but it seems like the cast is ready to move on. Lucy Hale previously said that season 7 would be the last for the show. In a new interview, Lucy Hale clarified those statements. Lucy isn’t definitely saying that PLL will end after season 7, but she is saying the original cast may be leaving the show.



“We really had a great show for a really long time and we’ve kept people’s interest, and I’ve always said that I want the show to end when people still really care and not when people are begging for it to get off the air. We flash-forwarded a little bit, and they’re in a good spot to finally get that peace and find out who “A” is. I’ve said that I even want it to end really darkly. But backtracking to what you said before, this may not be the end. With the complete cast this will be the last year. So in a way, it is ending because not everyone will be there. But it’ll be interesting to see what happens,” Lucy told Vulture.

Lucy Hale is eager to expand her horizons and play different roles. It looks like she’s ready to leave PLL behind and move on to new projects. “There are so many things I’m itching to get to do. I love the show, don’t get me wrong. It’s been so good to me and I love playing Aria and I love the show, it’s as plain as that. But as an actress I’m constantly wanting to grow and learn and do things that people aren’t expecting of me, and I think I have a lot to offer. I’m ready to explore those areas and take risks on roles. It’s an easy problem to have to be typecast when you think about it; a quality problem. That just means I have to work a little bit harder and prove people wrong. And I love a good challenge,” she said.

Although Lucy Hale and other castmates want to leave their PLL roles behind, Freeform has not officially announced if they will cancel or renew PLL for an eighth season. If they did renew the show without the main cast members, the show and story would be very different. Would you continue to watch PLL if some of the main stars left the show?

No comments:

Post a Comment