Tuesday, August 18, 2015

PLL Showrunner Marlene King Defends CeCe as “A” Reveal

A lot of PLL fans were angry and disappointed when they found out CeCe Drake was “A” and took to social media to point out plot holes and express frustration at inconsistencies. 

However, PLL showrunner Marlene King is standing by her decision to make CeCe Drake “A”.  Marlene doesn’t think most PLL fans are upset at the reveal.  “I think the majority of fans really were happy about it. I think no matter who you pick as A there are always going to be the people who want it to be someone else. We had a similar reaction when we revealed Mona was “A” and then as we got to know her character more and got further down the road, I think people couldn’t imagine anybody else being original “A.” We’ll find that the same thing happens with Charlotte,” Marlene told Zap2it.

When asked if fans will find inconsistencies with the CeCe reveal, Marlene said no.  “No, it makes a lot of sense. We knew three and a half years ago that this was going to be who “A” was. I don’t re-watch episodes very often, but when I was getting ready to write this, I went back and watched every Cece scene, every Cece episode and we tell you she’s “A” several times. You will see the clues. I was like, “I can’t believe we did that, I can’t believe we were so bold!”

http://whoisontheateam.tumblr.com/post/126482919142


Marlene also said that she decided Sara Harvey was Red Coat and the Black Widow early on.  “We’ve been looking for a way to play it out for a couple seasons, it really clicked. It was a good time to bring back Sara Harvey.”

Were you happy or disappointed with the reveal that CeCe was “A”?

No comments:

Post a Comment