Thursday, June 22, 2017

Lucy Hale Apologizes to Fans for Calling Herself Fat

Lucy Hale, Aria on PLL, tweeted an apology after fans accused her of body shaming.

On Father’s Day, actress Lucy Hale posted a gorgeous throwback photo of herself and her father at a wedding. Unfortunately, that Father's Day post got a lot of backlash.

Lucy Hale apologizes after accusations of fat shaming after sharing photo with dad Preston Hale
Instagram

Lucy Hale had to disable the comment section on the photo. After she commented to celebrity hairstylist Scotty Cunha “ugh I was so fat”, Lucy’s post got slammed with furious Instagram users who accused her of body shaming.

Lucy later tweeted an apology to all her fans. "Sometimes I forget that people are watching everything I do and I say things I don't mean. I'm extremely sorry if my comment about my weight offended anyone. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy. I know people look up to me and I should be way more aware of what I say sometimes. Thanks for all the love and support. Hope y'all can forgive me!"




Lucy Hale has spoken up about her past struggles with body-image issues and her eating disorder. “I’ve never really talked about this, but I would go days without eating. Or maybe I’d have some fruit and then go to the gym for three hours. I knew I had a problem…It was a gradual process but I changed myself,” Lucy told Cosmopolitan back in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment