Thursday, April 27, 2017

Troian Bellisario: Favorite Burt’s Bees Lip Balm Flavor, Face Masks & Beauty Tips from PLL Co-Star Shay Mitchell

PLL actress Troian Bellisario is helping bring awareness to Burt’s Bees and the “Bring Back the Bees” campaign. The bee population is declining and Troian Bellisario wants to help with a solution. “Last year we succeeded in planting one billion wildflowers, so when they contacted me [to share that] they wanted to double that number this year I wanted to help”, Troian told People. Check out Troian Bellisario's favorite Burt's Bees products.

PLL actress Troian Bellisario (Spencer Hastings)
Credit: Instagram

Troian Bellisario’s favorite is Burt’s Bees lip balm pear flavor. “It reminds me of Popsicles, it’s just really fun for summer!” she said.



Troian Bellisario seems like the perfect match for Burt’s Bees, since she’s already a fan of their products. She’s been using Burt’s Bees products since high school when she kept them in her JanSport backpack. Now, she always has some Burt’s Bees lip balm in her pocket or purse.

Troian Bellisario even hooked her husband Patrick J. Adams on Burt’s Bees lip balm. “He never carries his own, but he can always trust me to carry it — and he’s constantly stealing it. He’ll put his hand out and I’m like, ‘alright.’ It’s always the worst when I forget it at home because I know I can’t turn to him and be like, ‘Do you have that lip balm?’”

Troian Bellisario’s love of Burt’s Bees doesn’t end with lip balm, though. She also likes their moisturizing products. “I’ve been up in Toronto for a while and it’s been very cold and dry, so I really used a lot of the Burt’s Bees Hand Salve,” she shared. “The air is drying and your skin cracks it's impossible to stay moisturized, but their heavy-duty hand salve always works for me” she told Teen Vogue.


Troian Bellisario also shared that her travel beauty essential is face masks. (Face masks seem to be a favorite for all the PLL actresses). “Whenever you’re flying, your skin is getting dehydrated, so I always try to bring a bunch. I know I don't always have time to go get a facial, so it’s helpful to travel with those. Plus, they make you look really scary in the morning — it’s sort of like an American Psycho situation. I love sheet masks or anything that has a clay base”. (Check out Shay Mitchell’s travel essentials. She also uses facial masks on the plane.)


Troian Bellisario’s beauty style is very different from her makeup as Spencer Hastings on Pretty Little Liars. “When I go out in public as me, I try to be a little more punk rock with the eyes or try a bold lip” she said. “It’s fun to have an excuse to dress up”.

Troian Bellisario says that she hasn’t taught her PLL castmates any beauty tricks, but she’s definitely learned some tips from them. “Shay [Mitchell] taught me a long time ago how to use a curling wand to make beach waves, and that’s pretty much the only thing I can do with my hair. I’m so hopeless when it comes to that, and Shay keeps telling me, because she has her YouTube channel, 'I’m going do a show where I’ll do your makeup. I’ll contour your face and do all the things that I do, and we’ll see what you look like.' And I’m like, 'Alright, it'll be weird...but let's try it.' I mean, the beach waves I now have a handle on thanks to her” Troian said.
PLL actresses Troian Bellisario and Shay Mitchell with beachy waves hair
Credit: Shay Mitchell's Instagram

Troian Bellisario has also shared her skincare routine.

What is your favorite Burt’s Bees lip balm flavor? Have you tried Burt’s Bees coconut pear lip balm?

No comments:

Post a Comment