Friday, March 31, 2017

Shay Mitchell’s Beauty Tips & Rituals

Shay Mitchell, Emily on PLL, recently shared her beauty tips and rituals. She discussed blending for the perfect smoky eye, facials, her beauty staples and using Biore’s One Minute Self Heating Mask to deal with break outs.

Actress Shay Mitchell's Beauty Tips
Disney/ABC Television Group, Creative Commons


Secret to Creating the Perfect Smoky Eye

Blending. That’s the trick Shay learned from makeup artists. She used to have trouble doing a smoky eye, but she’s got it mastered now. “I realize you need a lot of blending and shading. That was one of the tips I picked up along the way”, Shay told InStyle.


Winged Liner

If you struggle with winged eyeliner, you aren’t alone. Shay Mitchell also struggles with winged liner. “Honestly, I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to grasp winged liner. I’ve tried. I’ve attempted many times, and I’ve just come to the conclusion that my hands are not still enough” she said. Now she just lets makeup artists do her winged liner instead of attempting to do it herself.


Relaxing Beauty Ritual

Shay Mitchell has an interesting beauty ritual that relaxes her. A lot of people put off cleaning makeup brushes, but Shay loves cleaning her brushes. She even offers to clean other people’s makeup brushes. “I’d like to set up a little shop, where I could do that” she joked. “I love it. I get some sort of satisfaction from cleaning them. I’ll do all of my brushes and yeah...very happy.”


Beauty Splurge

One beauty splurge Shay will never stop making is facials.


Shay Mitchell’s Beauty Staples

Shay is a big fan of coconut oil. She also carries a nude nail polish in her bag.


Dealing With Acne Breakouts

Shay looks flawless on Pretty Little Liars, but she knows all about acne breakouts. Shay Mitchell’s go-to product for breakouts is Biore’s One Minute Self Heating Mask. “It's something I use on the regular. It cleans out my pores, especially being somebody who has makeup all the time. It's something that really does clean them out. I like to do an in-home spa day once a week, and that's one of my go-to products for that to keep my skin clear”, Shay said.


Do you also find cleaning makeup brushes relaxing or do you put it off as long as you can?

You also may like:
Shay Mitchell’s 5 Drugstore Essentials
Shay Mitchell’s Favorite Drugstore Makeup
Shay Mitchell’s Travel Necessities


No comments:

Post a Comment