Thursday, December 29, 2016

Lucy Hale Will Host 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' Countdown in New Orleans

PLL actress Lucy Hale (Aria) will ring in the new year as the host of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve With Ryan Seacrest's first-ever live Central Time Zone countdown from New Orleans. Jason Derulo and Panic! at the Disco will also be performing to ring in 2017 in New Orleans. Meanwhile, host Ryan Seacrest will countdown to midnight from New York. Actress Jenny McCarthy will also be at Times Square. And Fergie will host the Billboard Hollywood Party in Los Angeles.

Credit: Disney/ABC Television Group, Creative Commons

Lucy Hale is really excited to host from New Orleans. "I've only been to New Orleans once so I get to explore the city and host this iconic show, so I'm really looking forward to it," she told ET.

Lucy Hale usually doesn’t go to big New Year's Eve parties, so this year is totally different for her. She usually just hangs out with friends. "I don’t really go out for New Years any more, so this is sort of taking me out of my comfort zone and making me stay up until midnight. Last year I was in a cabin in Big Bear with all my closest friends in our pajamas and it was perfect."

Lucy prefers staying at home instead of going out to parties. "I'm just such a homebody so that's typically my vibe, but every once in a while I'll go out for a special occasion -- and this is definitely a special occasion."

Another special occasion Lucy Hale recently attended was Troian Bellisario’s wedding to actor Patrick J. Adams. "It was absolute perfection. I'm so happy for her and no one deserves it more than her," Lucy said about her PLL co-star’s wedding.

New Year's Eve is often depicted with passionate kisses in movies and shows, but Lucy hasn’t had an epic New Year's Eve kiss yet. "I mean, I've had amazing New Years kisses, but nothing that blows my mind. I still have time for that though. Except [this year] I'll be hosting so I won't have time for it, but who knows?" Lucy said.

So tune in to watch Pretty Little Liars actress Lucy Hale as one of the hosts on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest on Saturday, December 31 at 8pm ET/PT on ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment