Monday, November 14, 2016

Troian Bellisario Talks Personal Struggle with Anorexia

Troian Bellisario, Spencer on PLL, recently talked about her struggle with anorexia. “With anorexia, a lot of it is about presenting a front of everything is okay, as you’re slowly killing yourself. Gone were the days where I was just a happy, carefree kid who was running around and suddenly I felt this inability to interact with people and to nourish myself” Troian explained in this PSA video.

Credit: Disney/ABC Television Group, Creative Commons

Troian stressed the importance of getting treatment. “I just want to make sure that everybody has the same opportunity for treatment that I have and I think that we have to make sure that our government invests in those programs” Troian explained in the video below.



Troian Bellisario isn’t the only PLL actress to struggle with an eating disorder. Lucy Hale, Aria on PLL, has also previously discussed her struggle with an eating disorder when she was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment