Friday, June 12, 2015

Sasha Pieterse Addresses Criticism of her Weight in Letter to PLL Fans

The beautiful Sasha Pieterse, Alison DiLaurentis on PLL, posted an Instagram message addressing body weight issues.

Credit: Norman Buckley's Instagram

Unfortunately, online criticism and comments have been directed at her regarding her weight.  Sasha responded with a classy letter to PLL fans.  She has been dealing with a hormone imbalance, but she wanted to assure everyone that she is healthy.  Sasha urged people struggling with health issues to place their health first and not to focus on other people’s opinions and assumptions.  Here’s what Sasha wrote:

“To my incredible and loving fans,
Words cannot express how amazed I am by you!
I'm so thankful for the affection you have for me, Alison, and Pretty Little Liars! We/I wouldn't be able to make it happen without you! I get to do what I love every single day because of you guys! As a lot of you have noticed my body has gone through some changes, and I want to clear the air and give you an explanation. I have been facing a bad hormone imbalance that has thrown my body completely out of whack. I want to assure you that I'm healthy and getting everything back on track! A big thanks to all of you who have been in my corner! We live in such a judge mental society that puts every kind of flaw, including weight gain, in the same category. And for those of you who are struggling with any health problem, hormone imbalance, and weight gain of any sort I urge and encourage you to please deal with it in a healthy manor. YOU and YOUR health are what matters, not anyone else's opinions and assumptions of you. Getting healthy isn't just about working out and eating right (however extremely important) it's also about surrounding yourself with those who care about you and want to see you succeed and become the best you can be.

I love every single one of you and I hold you all dear to my heart!
Xoxoxox
Sasha”


No comments:

Post a Comment