Friday, November 9, 2018

Thousand Oaks, CA Mass Shooting Hits Close to Home for Lucy Hale

On Wednesday November 7th a mass shooting occurred at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California. That night the bar was packed local college kids since it was "College Country Night!” 12 people were killed in the massacre.

The tragedy hit close to home for actress and country music singer Lucy Hale. Lucy and her friends have been to that bar, though not on the night of the shooting. Lucy Hale took to social media to express her sadness.

"So sad about the tragedy in Thousand Oaks. So many of my friends & I have frequented that bar . We live in a world where devastation like this can happen anywhere/anytime. I’m so sorry to the victims & everyone involved. And I’m so sorry pain like this occurs," Lucy Hale tweeted.


Troian Bellisario, Spencer Hastings on Pretty Little Liars, also talked about the shooting. She tweeted "Late posting but I’m still in shock. How can we live in a country where shootings are so frequent that someone can survive one only to be brutally murdered in another. WE NEED CHANGE."

She also shared a gun control message on Instagram "This is America. We are a country in which shootings happen so frequently; someone could survive one only to be killed in another. Telemachus Orfanos, 27, survived the Las Vegas massacre last year. He was killed in the Thousand Oaks massacre late Wednesday evening. I’m too mad and scared to say more, so I’ll leave you with the words of his mother, Susan: “I don't want prayers. I don't want thoughts. I want gun control. I hope to God nobody else sends me any more prayers. I want gun control,” Troian wrote.



Janel Parrish, Mona on PLL, tweeted "Beyond heartbroken to hear about the shooting in Thousand Oaks. We have to do better. We must. 😔💔 ".

Keegan Allen, Toby on PLL, tweeted "thousand oaks..This is horrific. America is not safe as long as it’s this easy to kill so many innocent, vulnerable people. I was just there a few days ago...I guess this is just the way it is now. Any second, anywhere. Mental health is not an excuse for terrorist behavior."

Keegan Allen also tweeted this about gun control:

"Human lives >gun rights.

Seems like an easy call after over 300 shootings this year.

but nothing changes, so I’ll just be anxious about going anywhere. More people will die.

And we will continue to be terrorized in a country that fights terrorists. Got it."

No comments:

Post a Comment